With Thanksgiving only being a week away….can you believe it?!!!
This year is flying by, I feel like it was just yesterday that we were sharing Thanksgiving crafts for the kiddos with you and here we are …….doing it all over again!!
It’s time to start the preparation for next weeks day of eating and drinking!!! Haha! We know that’s not what Thanksgiving is all about but we also know that is a big part of what people do on that day!
So today, we’re going to share some Thanksgiving cocktails with you!
If you’re having a fall wedding next year, maybe one of these will spark some interest for your signature wedding cocktail!
Source:Four Generations One Roof
Source: Sand & Sisal
- Pumpkin Pie Egg Nog
- Whipped Cream Vodka
- Optional Garnish:
- Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Mix together on a small plate, a few tablespoons of brown sugar and ½ tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- On a separate small plate pour a few tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Dip each martini glass rim into maple syrup then immediately into the brown sugar/spice mixture.
- Pour 1.5 oz of chilled Whipped Cream vodka into the 4 oz martini glass.
- Next pour in Pumpkin Pie Egg Nog and stir.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and serve.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (I suggest a light-bodied Spanish variety)
- 1 and 3/4 cups apple cider*
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or juice from 2 medium oranges)
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 – 24 hours. Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
If you’d like a cinnamon-sugar rim (highly recommended), simply moisten the rim of your glasses with water, turn the glass upside down and dip it into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Pour in the sangria with fruit* and add a splash of club soda (this unsweetened fizz is wonderful with the sangria!). Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Cheers!
*Use a sweetened, unfiltered version of apple cider. It will be stored in the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
*Feel free to add ice to your glasses of sangria. Don’t add it directly to the pitcher – this waters the sangria down. Which, clearly, we don’t want.
They all sound delicious to me! What do you think?!
Follow us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Pinterest.
Follow us on Instagram.