How is it halfway through JULY?!?! It’s seriously depressing.
My blog list is OUTTA CONTROL. So much stuff on my mind and heart and not enough time in the day. And so many great sessions that I’ve also never shared! #lifewiththreekids
And today… since everyone loves a fresh start, we’re going to chat marriage goals. I kind of geek out over goals in general, and since it’s halfway through the year, it’s a great time to check in on your goal setting from the beginning of the year. Did you set marriage goals? If not, it’s never too late! Why not set goals for your marriage?
A little info on goal setting in general in case you need a little nudge forward.
1. Only 3 out of every 100 adults write their goals on paper.
2. People with written goals are 50% more likely to achieve than people without goals.
3. A Harvard study suggests that 83% of the US population do not have goals
Have you set any marriage goals?
If not, I’ve pulled together some ideas to get started. AND, remember, the goal of goals, is to make them attainable. So if that means just setting 1 attainable goal, set it. If that means you want to set 5 goals, that seems realistic, set them. We want to set ourselves up for success here.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Pray together every day.
- Have consistent date nights (once a week, every other week, whatever is a good starting place for you as a couple)
- Take the time to learn each other’s love languages, and make a list of ways that you can love them in that (and then tackle your list!)
- Volunteer together.
- Try something new that is an interest of your spouse.
- Thank you spouse for at least 1 thing every day.
- Be intimate regularly. (at least _ times a week)
- Initiate sex with your spouse at least _times a week.
- Plan at least _ overnight dates a year.
- Hug/Kiss daily (an increase from whatever level you currently do this on).
I’d love if you’d comment with one of your marriage goals!
Happy Goal Setting!
To see more from this Fells Point Engagement Session…